Nexus Revamped Pro Live Wallpaper 1.1.15 update (Exciting features update)
Nexus Revamped Pro has just been updated to version 1.1.15 and with that come lots of exciting new features as well as many bug fixes!
So Whats new?
This is a massive update and I have added many features, I have tonnes more ideas for things to include next. Please send me an email if there is anything you’d like or if you spot any problems! Enjoy!
- Added: EXPERIMENTAL Parallax option to have background scrolling effect and modify its magnitude
- Added: EXPERIMENTAL Rotation option to rotate the entire foreground (Physics > Rotation)
- Added: Darkness slider to all color dialogs, you now use the darkness slide.
- Added: Choice between 1, 2 and 4 custom particle colors, so you don’t have to bother filling them in if you only want 1 or 2 colors
- Added: EXPERIMENTAL to scale the size of the live wallpaper (Physics > scaling)
- Removed: Tint colors on non-image backgrounds, they are pointless now you can select all possible colors and are hence disabled for performance benefits
- Removed: Alpha slider from some color dialogs, you should now use particle saturation to change the alpha
- Moved: Touch interaction is now in the Reactions menu.
- Improved: Particle saturation can now be set for the head and the tail individually
- Improved: Changed the look of the particles should be more similar to the original wallpaper
- Improved: Changed some default values (Speed deviation, Particle saturation)
- Improved: Background color now uses a color dialog
- Improved: Made changelog text smaller
- Improved: How particle saturation works, it now affects the particle and trail properly
- Improved: Custom background images are now resampled to use less memory, should cause less force closes and lower memory usage. Also added a protection in to alter user when there was a memory error rather than force closing
- Improved: Custom particle colors selection now shows the color next to each option. Makes it a bit nicer I think
- Bug fix: Background tints now work properly on backgrounds / custom backgrounds, and are also more efficient
- Bug fix: Density is more consistent now, not reliant on particle speed
- Bug fix: Tails didn’t always decay to completely transparent
- Known bug: Disabling static foreground will cause particles to “fall” off the grid
- Known bug: Large rotation values can cause particles to spawn on screen
- Known bug: Licencing server issues when data connection not avaliable
Some are marked as experimental as I’ve tested them, and my beta testers have had a play but still need to be tried and tested, go wild! and let me know of any problems.
Walkthrough of some of the new and the more interesting settings
Custom Particle Colors
The live wallpaper has the ability to react to the battery status either changing the particle colors or the speed of the particles.
A few users asked if they could have an option to scale the wallpaper to larger sizes, so here you go!
Parallax or the scrolling of the background at a different rate to the foreground is a difficult effect to demonstrate well in a photo so please wait for the video to see a preview of this.
Rotate the grid of the foreground, particles will no longer be aligned to the grid but I think it looks kinda funky.
Now you can know what’s up.
Restore default settings
Safety button to lose all settings.
I am still planning on posting a video soon (when I get some free time) to demonstrate the app as it has improved significantly since the first video.
Android Market Links
Either click the following android market links (in android phone) or search the market for nexus revamped.
Nexus Revamped Pro Live Wallpaper (com.stealthcopter.nexusrevampedpro)
So the free version is a few versions behind the pro version and some of the fancier features are missing, I am constantly improving both so don’t worry if you don’t want to shell out £0.99 for an app.
Nexus Revamped Live Wallpaper (com.stealthcopter.nexusrevamped)
I have plans and ideas for the future of this application, please complete the poll below to indicate what you’d like to see in this app or leave feedback (comment) if you have any.